Monday, February 16, 2009

I Just Dug Something...




I'm no literati, but here's my take on contemporary literature.

It is something that I wrote from way back...about 2 years ago...I think.



I Just SAT There

I sat there, in the coldest dark corner. I felt the hard brick wall: frozen.

Chilled floors tingled my frostbitten feet, as I SAT there: motionless.

Never in my wildest nightmares would I suffer this pain. The pain I most feared.

I am but one lost soul in a communion of vast number,

A deserter amongst a chivalry of men in green.

However, I continued. I remained still; sitting there. Silent.

I've gone through hell and back.

Yet, it differs from how my mind disowned my thoughts,

How my physique rejected my psyche.

The countless ways where I could possibly explain it at this point, is now impossible to depict.

I suffered.

I struggled.

Nevertheless, I SAT there; ignorant, but confused.

My eyes would fail me at times, my head would follow.

My breathe, from it's rhythmic pattern, delays;

From cold, it gives off visible air.

An hour would go by, but Torment never left my side.

Consciously, I wept, but I did not cry.

My mind blew me off, A paroxysm I couldn't obtain.


And yet, willingly I lingered. I SAT there, until how much time remained.


My composure was kept shaken, a terrible insanity has taken place.

Due to constant silence, I stared blankly at an empty space.

My hands would tremble in a series of spasms,

I thrust my head and covered my face.


In spite of all this; I SAT there, still in possession of my own grace.


Until such time I heard a voice. It echoed much that it was real.

I searched around, questing its presence.

Though celestial is its existence.


There I was, then, in a brink of capitulation

I SAT. And I listened.


To my surprise, it is the voice.

The voice to my freedom.

I could not but sustain, the joy that thrived in me.

The relief it gave to my then fragile thoughts.







It utterly spoke, in clear words of fluent language:

"The time has ended, you may pass your papers and exit the room."









And still I stayed, I SAT there, puzzled.

Finding a reasonable answer.




An answer to a question.

A question asking...

The true identity of Superman.



No comments: